14: The “Have to Have it” Fun of Thrifting with Gerta Thompson
“I shop every shelf and every aisle because I never know what I’m going to find.”
From regional outlets like May D&F to big-name department stores like Macy’s, Gerta Thompson has been in retail for her entire career. She has been with arc for more than 25 years and as the merchandise manager is the one responsible for making sure customers are dazzled and delighted as they walk the aisles of the organization’s more than 30 stores.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS & TAKEAWAYS:
- A career spent in retail affords Gerta Thompson a unique perspective on what customers are looking for when thrifting.
- Thrifting is all about fun and finding that elusive “have to have it!!” item!
- Thrifting is about devotion; you have to shop every shelf and every aisle because you never know what you’re going to find.
- NEVER go to a thrift store looking for something specific!
- Trends in thrifting and thoughts on online reselling and buying.