126: Rescuing Rust and Preserving Memories with Kari of Relic Road
“I love the items that bring back memories for people, and when you find that special thing, it’s like you’ve won the lottery.”
Kari Christenson (@relicroadjunk) is the Chief Junking Officer of three hardworking vintage businesses: Relic Road, the Retro Ranch, and Gasoline Alley in the La Crosse, Wisconsin area.
Kari is a rescuer of rust, an entrepreneur, a cowgirl at heart and a pancake aficionado. She loves to travel with her husband Rick in their big white Sprinter van named “Betty White” and believes that finding the right piece of junk to be repurposed into something fabulous really can make a person’s day a million times better. She’s a Jimmy Buffett groupie, a risk taker, a lover of history and a sassy chick that rarely sits still.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS & TAKEAWAYS:
- Kari has three businesses, Relic Road, the Retro Ranch, and Gasoline Alley in the La Crosse, Wisconsin area.
- All about “atomic style.”
- How she manages and markets her online live auction sales.
- How thrifting and restoring vintage items was her second chapter.
- Her favorite sales platforms.
- Visit her store full of mid-century modern treasures at 636 Chestnut Street in Black River Falls, WS.