73: The Side-Hustle Dance and How People Sell Things with Liz O’Kane of Colorado Reworn
“In reselling, you learn by trial and error.”
While serving in the U.S. Air Force, Liz O'Kane fell in love with selling and buying on eBay. She made her first sale in 2002 and continued to sell part-time until she retired from the military in 2016. Liz turned her passion from a side hustle into a full-time entrepreneurial venture. She is not only passionate about selling but also about sharing her ecommerce experiences with the reselling community. She is active in various reseller Facebook groups, posts daily on her Instagram account and runs a local in-person reseller meet-up group (that loosely meets every quarter!). In 2020, Liz was one of 50 small business owners to be awarded eBay's Up & Running Grant and was selected to represent eBay during Women's Small Business month by sharing her reselling journey with over 15 national media outlets. In 2021, she interviewed eBay's CEO, Jaime Iannone, for eBay Open Online and was invited to eBay Headquarters in 2022 to film two segments for eBay Open 2022 and meet with various eBay teams to give input and learn more about the marketplace.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS & TAKEAWAYS:
- All about her in-person resellers’ group.
- Tips every reseller should do and should NOT do!
- Free reseller events like Reseller Remix in Las Vegas.
- How she got started reselling over 20 years ago!
- The ins and outs of selling on eBay.
- How eBay has changed over the years.
- All about BOSS, the Business of Online Selling Success.
- Tips on sourcing.
- The different online buyer audiences, from eBay to Mercari.
- eBay’s coded coupons.