18: The Good, the Ugly, AND the Beautiful…Celebrating Christmas Sweaters with Connie @concansew
“The best Christmas Sweaters I have seen are so bad they’re good.”
Connie is a sewist who focuses on sustainable living with #refashions and #memade garments. In addition to sewing and thrifting, she spends her time as a software engineer, musician, and vocal coach.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS & TAKEAWAYS:
- Taking Ugly Christmas Sweaters to the next level.
- How she taught herself how to sew.
- How her love of fast fashion, sewing, sustainability, and thrifting became her passion.
- Shares how she approaches recreating a piece of fashion from a thrifted item.
- Friendly thrifting with your friends and thrifting around the country.
- How a simple question, “What if I only let myself buy clothes from the thrift store,” became her passion.